Use this page to download the audio transcripts for a course.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, not at this time. Exporting course transcripts is available for one course at a time.
No, all educator accounts have access to export a course’s transcript file.
Each transcript file is exported as a plain text file (.txt). Text files can be opened by a number of common text editing programs. This third-party website provides more detailed information if you need additional support.
Depending on your permissions, the option to export transcripts might be moved to the More dropdown option at the end of the action bar. Make sure that only one course checkbox is selected, then check the More dropdown for this option. If more than one course is selected from Manage Courses, the option to export transcripts will not be available.
No. When a course does not contain any transcripts, the exported transcript file will not contain any text documents. The zip file will still download, but it will be empty and the size will appear as 0 KB.
When opened (or copied into) Microsoft Word, hightlight the content to be translated. From there, under the Review tab, click Translated. Follow the steps to select the desired language. Note, this is limited to the languages available withing Word.
Need to know how to access this page? View the steps here.
- Under the More button, select Export Transcripts.
- Click Download.
- An alert will appear in the upper-right corner to say the download has started.
- The Download will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the arrow and select Show in folder.
- Double-click the downloaded file.
- All the transcripts for the course appear in the folder. Double-click one to view it.
- The transcript will look like it does when viewed in the course structure of the course.