Use this page to grade an Advanced Placement World Language writing assignment via the Dashboard. The AP Grading Guide is also a resource available to learn about the procedures for the Advanced Placement courses.
Frequently Asked Questions
The student did not submit their assignment before clicking Done so no content was saved. Have the student go back and complete the assignment, submit it, then click Done.See below for instructions on how students submit their AP World Language assignments.
No. Once the student submits the activity, no changes can be made. While a student can type additional work, nothing is saved after the Submit button is clicked. Educators can reset the activity from the Edgenuity gradebook or from the top left of the grading window to allow students another opportunity to respond.
No. They do not. You will need to select the Reset Activity button on the top left of the screen to reset the activity. Note that you will no longer have access to the student's submitted work on this assignment once it is reset.
Yes, you can find that here.
Students are required to complete two steps when submitting their writing assignment. Their submitted work will not be visible on the educator's side unless they complete these steps:
- When ready to submit, a student needs to click the submit icon .
- The icon will have Activity Submitted next to it.
- Any changes made by the student after Activity Submitted shows, will not be counted. Some activities may seem like they are changeable, but they are not. The system will only read what was entered before clicking Activity Submitted.
- Click Done.
- Students are prompted to ensure they have submitted the assignment (step 1).
- If they have, click OK.
- If they have not, click Cancel. Then complete step one.
After these steps are made on the student's side, you can proceed to score the activity.
- Under the Reports tab, select Dashboard.
- By default, the Progress tab will be selected.
- All the students are listed here with each class in which they are enrolled. Filter to see a particular set of students. With each filter, click Apply.
- Choose the information desired on the screen by using the display options.
- Sort in different ways to be able to interpret the data.
- Any student who has a yellow alert icon has an item for the teacher to grade. Left-click on the icon.
Learn more about the other alerts.
- Select Review.
- Any activity needing action, YES is displayed under Action Required. Click on the row to view.
- The lesson should be expanded already with the item highlighted. If not, expand the unit and lesson of the activity needing graded.
To find out about all the actions an educator can take, click here.
- Click View.
- Toggle to the student's answers by clicking the second item listed.
- Assess the student's work.
If Activity submitted does not show at the top, then the student did not submit their work and you will not be able to score anything. Direct your students to go back to the assignment, click the red submit button, then click the done button.
- Click Change Score.
- Enter a score for the assignment.
- Click Submit.
- To provide comments, write them in the Comments box.
You can also leave written feedback that includes special, foreign language characters by using the ALT codes or by using the copy/paste method. Here is a cheat sheet of the special characters.
- Click Update Comments.
- Exit out of the window when finished.