At times you may need to log in as one of your students, this is known as impersonating a student. However, this is not advisable in most cases. An example of when you may need to use it is to validate an issue reported by your student.
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Impersonate Student" checked under Student Accounts. To validate your permissions, click here.
To use the Impersonate feature for a student, please be aware of the following:
- Any actions taken while impersonating a student will be logged against that student's account. Please exercise caution and responsibility when using this feature.
- If the student is currently logged into their account, you will be warned that they are in an active session. If you continue, the student will be logged off from their active session and may not be able to save their progress.
- If you impersonate a student when you are using Secure Station or IP Registry, you may be directed to authenticate your computer if it’s not already approved. Contact your Administrator for access to your machine.
Need to know how to access this page? View the steps here.
- Under More, select Account Security. Then click Impersonate.
- Click Continue.
- Click End Impersonation Session.