To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Create Custom Courses" checked under School Courses. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Under the Courses tab, select Manage Courses.
- Find the course with the filters or the search bar.
- Checkmark the box next to the course name. Click Customize.
- Click Create a new course based on this course.
- Change the name of the course.
- Select the first Unit Test.
- Under Add Activity, click Writing Prompt.
- Click Create New Activity.
- Enter the required information for your writing prompt. There are additional options that are not required but are helpful if you share your activity with other teachers.
An example prompt is:
As a member of (*insert teacher's name*) class, you agree to the class honor code when you take tests and exams in Edgenuity. As a reminder, the honor code says
[insert honor code]
In the space below, type "I, (*insert first/last name*), agree to the honor code provided for this course".
- Scroll down. Decide which grade weight category you want this activity to be. Assignment is the default selection.
Additional is the recommended grade weight category.
- When done, click Save.