This report provides a high-level overview of the status of the educator's UpSmart classes by standards. Making it easy to monitor students who may need additional support. Also, the educator can click each row to see detailed information regarding a student's performance within a specific standard.
- On the left side of this report is the following data, when applicable:
* Blocked: the number of students who have been blocked and cannot progress on their current level until a teacher takes action to unblock them
* Standard: the code of each standard available within the selected UpSmart program
If you don’t see a specific standard available here, it indicates that a specific standard is not assessed through the UpSmart program. What you do see is a complete list of standards that are assessed through your UpSmart program. There are corresponding topics, skills, and items associated with the standards included in this report.
- On the right side of this report is the overall skill progress by the standard.
* Green bar: the majority of the students have mastered the skills within the standard using minimal effort
* Yellow bar: the majority of the students have mastered the skill(s) within the standard, although it took greater effort
* Red bar: the majority of the students are currently blocked on a skill within the standard
Students mastering skills with minimal effort do not require many of the supports available in UpSmart such as hints, Show Me videos, or answer-specific feedback. This also means that they are not getting blocked along the way. Students mastering skills with greater effort are utilizing a large number of additional supports available in UpSmart and have been blocked at some point.
- Click any standard, then click the Details button to view the standard text and overview of the class progress towards skill mastery.
- Below the Details section is the skills progress for each student enrolled in the UpSmart program. View which students are blocked, and also their current progress towards the skills associated with the standards.
- Each icon represents the level of effort a student used for each skill as follows:
Student has mastered the skill with minimal effort.
Student was blocked at some point but went on to master the skill.
Student is currently blocked.
Student hasn’t started the skill, or has completed the skill without mastery.