As you may know, Adobe Systems has stated that they will stop improving and distributing their Flash player by the end of 2020, so many web browsers, led by Google, are no longer supporting the media player. As a result, each new release of the Chrome browser and operating system poses challenges for using Flash based products, including Edgenuity® Courseware, Pathblazer®, Hybridge®, and Powerspeak12® Word Languages.
If you are experiencing the following problems when using our program, please follow the instructions below to whitelist Edgenuity’s pages, thus resolving these issues:
- Video unable to load
- Repeating videos
- Students unable to review videos that have already been watched
- Broken buttons
- Random “kick outs”
- Black or white blank screens
- Flash content errors
- Inability to record or play back audio and other performance issues with Powerspeak
This can be done device by device or by the Google Administrator if your school or district manages your Chrome and Chrome devices via the Google management system.
With the release of Chrome 62, users are now required to individually whitelist any domains that use Adobe Flash content.
- Open the Chrome Browser, and in the upper right corner of the screen, click the 3 vertical dots, then click Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the settings page and click Advanced.
- Within the Privacy and Security menu, click Content Settings.
- Click Flash.
- Add the following sites to the Allow list by clicking ADD:
- Close the browser and reopen. This will allow all Edgenuity products to work without issue.
If you continue to experience issues please visit help.edgenuity.com to chat with us.