The IP Registry security feature allows schools to prevent students from logging into Edgenuity from outside the school’s network (also referred to as No Access IP Registry). Edgenuity also offers IP Registry for Instruction and Assignments only which allows students to complete Instruction and Assignments off school grounds, but not assessments. The third option builds off the previous one, but with the addition of pretests and quizzes. All other forms of assessments are blocked.
IP Registry rules apply to the student's home school. Enrollments in another school should respect the home school setting. So, if a student's home school does not have IP Registry, the student should not have activities blocked.
Frequently Asked Questions
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have "Bulk Enroll Students" checked under Student Enrollments. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Under the Administration tab, select School Settings.
- Select the Secure Access tab.
- Click Edit under the Student Access Controls box.
- Click IP Address Registry under the drop-down menu.
- In the second drop-down menu, choose the option you want for your students.
- No Access – students will have no access to Edgenuity when off-campus.
- Instruction and Assignments – students can access Instruction and Assignments, but cannot access Pretests, Quizzes, Tests, Prescriptive Tests, VT diagnostics, and Exams.
- Instruction, Assignments, Pretests and Quizzes - students can access Instruction, Assignments, Pretests and Quizzes, but cannot access Tests, Exams, Prescriptive Tests, or VT diagnostics.
- Click Configure IP Address Registry.
- On the IP Address Registry tab, click Add IP Address.
- Enter the IP Address for your school. If you have a range of addresses in the same octet, just enter the ending address in the Range box.
If you are going to set up IP Registry for students and educators, have your local network configured to have separate subnets to separate the users connecting with them.
- Click Save.
- Click Save.