To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have the "Add Students" checked under Student Accounts. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Under the Students tab, select Manage Students.
Click the Manage Students button from the homepage.
- Click the + Add Student button.
- Enter the student’s first name, last name, username, and password.
In some cases, the username box is grayed out, which means the system will automatically assign a username for the student. If this is the case, the username will be provided after the Add Student button is selected at the bottom of the page. The username is typically the first three letters of the student's first name, followed by the first five of the last name, and a number if the letter combination is already taken.
The only required fields for creating a student account is the first name, last name, username, and a password. However, it's best to fill in as much information as possible in the student profile page. You'll find the information useful at the end of the year when running reports and trying to locate specific student information. For example, at the end of the year, you will probably want to target all your 12th graders and archive their accounts since they will most likely be graduating from high school.
Also, adding in parent contact information on the student's profile page will come in handy for delivering online progress reports. If you enter in the parent's email address, the Learning Management System can be used to deliver progress reports on a daily, weekly, or monthly interval. This will help keep parents engaged in their student's progress.
Usernames and passwords are not case sensitive.
If you create a username that is already in use, an error will appear at the top after you select "Add Student" at the bottom of the page.
- Add any additional information desired.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Add Student button.
- A notification shows that the student's account has been added successfully. The student's user name will display on this page.
- Click either Back to Students or Add Another student.