Grade Weights determine how much influence the various activity types have over the student’s course grade. The default values will sometimes vary from one course to another depending on how the course was designed. These values can be modified (the higher the value, the greater the influence), but the total of all categories must add up to 100. Any categories that have a value of 0 will have no influence on the student’s grade.
To follow the steps listed below, you will need to have Edit Course Options" checked under School Courses. To validate your permissions, click here.
- Under the Courses tab, select Manage Courses.
- Find the course with the filters or the search bar.
Need help finding a particular course? Use this page.
- Checkmark a course. Click Edit Course Options.
- Adjust the values. Any value from 0-100 will be valid, but the total sum of all the weights must equal 100%. For tips to consider, click here.
Keep in mind that if you have the permission to customize courses, and you remove all activities in a specific category, you’ll need to adjust the weights of the course to account for the weight of the activities removed. For example, if you decide to remove all tests from a student’s course, and tests had a weight of 20%, you will need to choose where that 20% will go once all tests have been removed. If you do not reallocate the difference in weight, the system will evenly distribute the weight to all other active categories.
- A notification window will ask which students should be affected by these changes. Select a choice. Click Submit.
- At the top of the page, a confirmation states the changes were made successfully.